What is Permaculture?
At Keela Yoga Farm we will build, farm and live based on Permaculture ethics and principles. These are taken from the most sustainable and efficient ancient practices around the world but applied with modern technologies. These principles will ensure we use the minimal amount of energy input to get the most amount of output in the most sustainable manor. We will use these principles when designing the layout of Keela Yoga Farm so that we can transition to a sustainable future; to do this we will need to consider values and concepts outside the current social norm.
Permaculture in practice course with Keela in Portugal
The permaculture in practice courses will will give you the opportunity to practice different permaculture systems. The permaculture in practice and yoga courses will take place on Keela Yoga Permaculture Farm in Portugal and are followed integrated with our Natural Building Course. These are practical hands on courses where students will gain the experience through doing. Please join our mailing list to be the first to know when dates are released.
After completing our course you can apply to stay longer as a Keela Community Resident.
- Permaponics system
- Aquaponics system
- Planting food forest
- Restoring woodland
- Natural kitchens and buildings
- Setting up compost systems
- Build Compost toilets
- Setting up irrigation
- Setting up garden beds
- Energy harvesting
- Creating paths and roads
- Digging a lake, swales and ponds
- Establishing Food Forests
- Tree and plant propagation
- Integrating animals
- Designing and implementing permaculture systems
- Making soap and cleaning products
- Making food from jam to tofu
- Setting up systems for insects such as bees to improve the eco-system
What is included on the Permaculture in Practice courses:
- Basic accommodation (feel free to bring your tent or campervan)
- Three healthy meals per day
- Daily yoga and meditation classes
- Experience community based living
- Visit to local communities and farms
- Time to relax and connect with nature
Permaculture Ethics & Principles
To read more about these ethics and principles please visit http://permacultureprinciples.com/