We will count on volunteers to help keep the place growing, happy and alive. If you think you would be interested to volunteer with us, once you have read this page, please apply to volunteer via our application form.
Click here for some photos of volunteers work in March and April 2017
For more photos please visit our facebook page our blog
What will volunteers get?
- Healthy organic meals (sugar and processed food free, generally vegetarian and gluten free, can cater for allergies or strict vegan)
- Onsite daily yoga and meditation classes
- Workshops on Permaculture and sustainble living
- Time to relax, unwind and get back to nature
- Learn new skills in Permaculture, Natural Building, Healthy and Sustainable living
- Opportunity to run your own projects and build permaculture systems
- Walks, cycling and local activities
- 5 days volunteering at Keela Yoga Farm
- Private tour of the land with one of the founders
- 2 days off to relax or visit local places, usually we spend one of these mornings helping local communities and farms
- Become part of a community!
What jobs will volunteers do?
Volunteers will be expected to participate for 5-6 hours per day doing various tasks that may be required from the below list:
- Organic gardening / Reforestation / Food Forests
- Natural building
- Helping in the kitchen
- Teaching yoga
- Assisting in the kitchen
- Arts and crafts
- Helping with the local community projects
- Sharing your skills with Keela Yoga Farm residents
What is expected of you?
- Contribution of EUR 55 per week or EUR 200 per month paid in advance to cover healthy food costs
- Positive attitude
- Look after our tools and equipment as if they are your own
- Putting tools away after you use them or if you find them
- Being early to start times
- 5 days volunteering at keela yoga farm
- 1/2 a day volunteering at a local project
- 5-6 hours per day working
- willing and interest to study and learn about gardening, building or cooking
- Assisting with community tasks
We have spacious 3-4 man tents that we can lend to you, each tent has its own unique spot with a different and wonderful view. You can stand up in the tents!
Eco house / Yurt / Caravan etc
These will not be ready until Summer 2107 and availible to couples or friends sharing
Own tent / campervan
You can bring your own tent or campervan for you to put up in our camp site on our land.
- Community stone house – large house with the kitchen, dining room
- Mezzanine chill out room, with a PC with internet access.
- Yoga room – dedicated building for yoga with eco yoga mats made in the UK
- 9m by 6m Yoga Deck with a view
- Compost toilet
- 3 showers, 1 Indoor shower room with wood fired hot water, 1 outside solar shower open to nature, 1 natural waterfall (cold shower)
- 45 acres (18 hectares) of land to walk with many chill out spots and viewpoints
The Local Village
The village is small and quiet and has a shop, two cafes (one with free wifi) and is a 25 minute walk to Keela Yoga Farm.
- We are mostly vegetarian, but we can cater for strict vegetarians and vegans if required
- Most of our food is locally sourced directly from various organic farmers (with the exception of some superfoods and spices which we have to get from abroad)
- We can also cater for most allergies, and if you’re allergic to gluten we can cater for you. when we say cater we mean gluten free bread, pasta etc but a slight extra cost to split this with one of the GF residence
- No smoking on the land unless in a designated smoking area (due to health and fire risks)
- No alcohol on the land except on planned evenings which are once per week (feel free to walk to the cafe for a responsible beer or wine)
- No drugs allowed
- No visitors without prior consent